The Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In My Life This Week…
It has been a hot and humid summer so far in central Indiana.  Our a/c unit went out on Friday but thankfully it was fixed today. 



In Our Homeschool This Week…
We are getting ready for our new Classical Conversations Anderson community that begins meeting this fall.  We are preparing for our Cycle 3 studies and getting all of our books and materials organized.  We officially begins classes on September 6th and we are excited about how the Lord is growing our community.

We are still working on academic work over the summer but our schedule is far more relaxed.  Briyah has read stacks of books this summer and completed the summer reading program.  We are finishing up the Singapore Math and will start Saxon 65 in August.  I would probably take more of a summer break than we do but Briyah is academically geared and enjoys working on studies while I am working part-time during the day.  Continuing with our studies in the summer has really accelerated the pace of learning accomplished.

It has really been bittersweet only planning for Briyah now that Shaiya has graduated.  12 years of homeschooling really flew by!



A Question I Have…
I wonder what I am going to do special for Briyah's birthday to really surprise her?  She will be 9 years old this Wednesday.  I am trying to think of some little ways to make her birthday special this year and most of those involve spending one-on-one time with her.  She wants me to take off work the entire day and take her to breakfast at IHOP.  It is such a simple request so I am going to try to think of some other fun things to do to make the day special.

I Am Grateful For…
Cool air in the house!



A Quote to Share…
I have been thinking quite a bit about planning and getting organized for a new school term.  Here are two verses that I have been meditating on:

Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established. ~Proverbs 16:3

The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps. ~Proverbs 16:9

Happy Summer!

Blessings,

Sharra

Comments

Popular Posts