A Great Week for Nature Study ~ Weekly Wrap-Up


In my life this week~
We had a packed week of activities and studies!

In our homeschool this week~
We have almost wrapped up our history studies in Ancient Egypt. We completed our second week of studies with Classical Conversations Anderson.

The weather was beautiful this week and we were able to spend plenty of time outdoors.


We found an insect habitat in the field behind our house. It was such a surprise to see all of the insects swarming the flowers. I snapped a few shots with my iPhone.


We observed bees, butterflies, moths, wasps, and other interesting insects.

The kids and I are going to look up the various insects in the Handbook of Nature Study book.


The kids enjoyed collecting worms to build a small worm habitat. We would like to build a worm composting bin in the future.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share~
Our favorite resource for nature study is the Handbook of Nature Study blog. For the month of September we are working on the Outdoor Hour Challenge which is an insect study.

I am inspired by~
This week I was inspired by blue skies, sunshine, fall flowers, and smiling kids.


The kids painted pictures of the insects they observed. I was inspired by reading passages from The Country Diary of An Edwardian Lady and began my own nature journal. For my first entry I sketched a butterfly and flower. I am such a novice at nature journaling, but I had fun with the kids and hope to make this a regular practice.

Places we are going and people we are seeing~
We visited the Walking Man festival in downtown Anderson. We enjoyed seeing all of the unique sculptures.


Briyah had her first Kick Off concert for choir. We had a wonderful time listening to the soul-stirring music by the many talented children.



My favorite thing this week~
My niece Zolie had her first haircut this week.



I am grateful for~
This week we made a new friend named Max who came to visit us everyday. He was a bright ray of sunshine in our days.


I hope you had a wonderful week with your family!

What was your favorite part of the week?

Linking up with:







Comments

Unknown said…
what a great homeschool week! thank you for sharing
Unknown said…
Max looks like a very good friend, indeed!

I love all of the insect pictures, and of course the choir!

Popular Posts