{The Week} Life This Week

In my life this week...
 

I am ready for spring! I long for sunshine, blue skies, warm weather, and flowers. Even so, I do find beauty in the early winter mornings.

In our homeschool this week…

1. Zolie loved The Wheels on the Bus app by Duck Duck Moose.
2. Endless Alphabet app (FREE for a limited time) delighted us this week. It is a great phonics app!
3. The kids love exploring the world (and neighborhood) with Google Earth.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…


Our dear friend Frances came to spend the night this week. She was a bright ray of sunshine in this dreary winter weather.

My favorite thing this week was…

I was blessed to win a Family Kit from We Choose Virtues at the iHomeschool Network Facebook party on Tuesday! It was such a wonderful surprise as this has been on my wish list for the entire year.

The kiddos favorite thing this week was…
Briyah, Malachi, and Zolie loved seeing Mrs. Frances this week. Even though she could only stay one night, the kids tried to squeeze in as many hugs as they could.

Things I’m working on…


This week begins the fourth week of the Luke 1-8 study by Good Morning Girls. The moms of A Journey Through Learning are hosting a study group and I am serving as the group leader/facilitator. It is such a blessing to encourage a beautiful group of ladies who are joining together to study God's Word. This study has stretched me spiritually in ways that I was not expecting. As I meditate on the Scripture, I have been working through themes of submission and discipleship, which is taking me out of my typical comfort zone. I feel as though the Lord is revealing some character issues in my life where I need to submit myself wholeheartedly to the Lord's will in greater obedience. It's painful, but I hope this time of pruning will help me bear more fruit for God's glory in the future.

I’m cooking…
Lately I have cooked simple meals at home such as soup and rice dishes with my homemade chicken broth. We are in an extreme frugal season, and are on a mission to reduce our household grocery budget as much as possible.

I’m grateful for…
I am thankful for our church Madison Park Church of God. Our Pastor Jim Lyon has covered a series on The Present Future for a few weeks. This sermon series is based upon the book The Present Future by Reggie McNeal. I have not read this book yet but it is on my list to read soon.

I’m praying for…
My prayer journal is overflowing with serious prayer needs of family and friends. Times are difficult for many physically, financially, and spiritually.

Making Steps Forward...
-
I went to the gym one day this week and cycled 10 miles.
-I registered for spring classes at Liberty University. I have 17 credits left to complete.

Need To Make Progress...
-
My Project Life 2013 is sitting on the shelf. I need to work on the month of January.
-I hope to lose 2 pounds in the coming week. I am tracking my calories/exercise again.
-I need to get to the gym 3-4 days this week at least. It is a challenge to work in my schedule.

I hope your past week was blessed friends! May the Lord bring you blessing and peace in this upcoming week!

Linking Up With:


The Homeschool Mother's Journal

Collage Friday

Weekly Wrap-Up

Comments

Popular Posts