{Day 1} 31 Days of Nature Study for Young Naturalists


During the month of October, I am participating in The Nester's 31 Days writing challenge. Have you heard of this fun project yet? If you are not familiar, you pick a topic of your own choosing and write on it each day in October.

I don't know about you, but it is a humongous challenge for me to write for 31 consecutive days. This is my very first year to work on this project. I am nervous and excited at the same time! Overall, I am hopeful to see the end result one month from now.

I mulled a few ideas over in my mind, and I decided to pick a topic that we love in our home. I selected 31 Days of Nature Study for Young Naturalists as our children and students (in our cottage school) adore everything related to nature study and science. Plus, autumn is our absolute favorite time of year. This writing topic will help us fully immerse ourselves in the delights of the season.

I plan to write on outdoor explorations, ideas, activities, crafts, Pinterest finds, book reviews, favorite resources, freebies, and field trip ideas. I may include a giveaway or two during the series.

I hope you will join us in this journey of nature study!

Day 1 - Introduction: 31 Days of Nature Study for Young Naturalists
Day 2 - Autumn Leaf Watercolor Painting
Day 3 - Neighborhood Nature Walk with Young Naturalists
Day 4 - Metamorphosis of a Black Swallowtail Butterfly
Day 5 - Favorite Resource: The Handbook of Nature Study
Day 6 - Young Naturalists in the Classical Home
Day 7 - Project Squirrel: Be a Citizen Scientist!
Day 8 - Nature Walk and Squirrel Study at Anderson University
Day 9 - Squirrel Pine Cone Craft Activity
Day 10 - Charlotte Mason's Natural Philosophy
Days 11, 12, 13, 14 - Our Secret Garden

If you would like to join this writing challenge, and read the insightful posts from bloggers around the world, you can find all of the details at The Nester's blog.


Comments

Popular Posts